Citizenship / Naturalization
There are several ways that one can attain citizenship. Citizenship may be granted by birth or
through the naturalization process. Below are the basic methods one can qualify for
citizenship through the naturalization.
Ways to acquire U.S. Citizenship:
- By birth in the United States or by birth abroad to U.S. Citizens; or
- The Naturalization process: applying and satisfying the statutory requirements of the U.S.
Requirements for Naturalization:
- Applicant must be lawfully admitted for permanent residence for requisite period of time
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at time of filing of application
- Applicant must satisfy residency requirements:
- Continuous Residence:
5 years is required with not more than a 6 months spent outside the U.S. at one time.
- Physical Presence:
Physically present in the United States for more than half of the 5 year requirement. 30 Months.
- Residence in state or district:
Applicant must reside in state or USCIS district for 3 months prior to filing application.
- Applicant must be of Good Moral Character
For more information please contact our office,
or call us at 212.965.9458.