How to Find an Immigrant Sponsor Employer in the United States

Immigration visas based on seeking employment in the United States are a pretty great way to enter the country and start a beneficial and profitable chapter in your life. Actually obtaining an employment-based visa – such as an H-1B or H-1C – is not exactly a straightforward process, though. Before you can even apply for a visa to work in the United States, you first need to locate and partner with an American employer that wants to give you a job. With thousands of companies forming and closing each year and employment being less-than-stable for US citizens, where do you begin?

Keep these tips in mind when you are looking for an immigrant sponsor employer:

  • Your visa options: What sort of work visa are you going to require for the job you want to land? An employer is not going to want to do the research for you, so you need to do it yourself before you begin searching for a sponsor. You might have a few options. Team up with an immigration lawyer to eliminate the guesswork.
  • Employers who need you: No matter how dire the unemployment situation gets in the country, there will always be a need for smart, qualified individuals at a variety of businesses. A company that has been looking to fill the same position for weeks or months might be more open to the idea of bringing in and sponsoring an immigrant worker if it means finally having that spot occupied. The same can be said of employers that suddenly numerous job openings at once; they are expanding and need employees like you to help them maintain their growth.
  • Large corporations: When you are in doubt, considering working for a large, recognizable corporation. Powerhouse companies such as a worldwide brand are more likely to know how to process immigrant sponsorships with ease. They may even benefit from diversifying their staff with foreign employees in key positions.

The key to finding any immigrant employment sponsor is sticking to your desired field of employment. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may turn down a valid application if you cannot prove that you have specific reasons for wanting to work with a specific company. You should also always prepare your filings with a legal professional. At The Portela Law Firm, P.C., you can work with our New York immigration attorneys if you have questions, and we can also defend you if something goes wrong. Call 212.577.9312 or contact us online today for more information.